Once the holidays were over we realized that we just didn’t want to leave the party, so we decided to pick a theme every month and create recipes to match the theme. This month is Dippin’ Through January!
Today is my day, and since I was born and raised in Seattle, AND since the Seahawks are going to the Superbowl (squeeee) I went all out and made a delicious salmon dip and a big french bread football bowl to serve it in. Fill it up and put the top back on until you’re ready to serve…then tear it up and use the chunks of bread to scoop up the dip. Here’s my easy recipe for a Football Dip Bowl. And, of course, the recipe for salmon dip!
|Succulent Salmon Dip|| |
- 1½ pounds cooked salmon (canned is fine!)
- 8 ounces neufchatel or cream cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed or minced very fine
- 4 slices thick bacon, chopped and cooked
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 green onions, sliced thinly
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine salmon, neufchatel cheese, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, and garlic. Mix well using a sturdy wooden spoon or (if you don't mind the mess) your hands. Don't use a food processor - it will ruin the texture and turn the dip into baby food!
- Stir in the bacon, lemon juice, green onions, and seasoning. Spoon into dip bowl.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Also consider trying finely chopped celery, sliced olives, or grated Italian cheese!
With all due respect to those of you who live in Colorado, may I just say…..GO HAWKS!
Here are links to the other dips that have already been posted.
1/13 Jalapeno Popper Dip from Moore or Less Cooking Blog
1/14 Melting Pot Swiss Cheese Fondue from Tampa Cake Girl
1/15 Rocky Road Brownie Batter Dip from Hun, What’s for Dinner?
1/16 Prosciutto Artichoke Spinach Dip from Crumbs in my Mustachio
1/17 Crab Rangoon Dip with Wonton Chips from Lemony Thyme
1/20 BLT Dip from Cooking from a SAHM
1/21 Apple French Toast Brunch Dip from Baking in a Tornado
1/22 My Succulent Salmon Dip
1/23 Yum Yum Dipping Sauce from Manila Spoon